With Christmas falling on Sunday, local, state and federal governments will observe the holiday on Monday, and many offices and other facilities will be closed.
The city-county Government Center in Rochester and most other government offices will be closed Monday as well as on Jan. 2, when the New Year's holiday will be observed. Minnesota's district courts will be closed both days.
• Public schools are closed starting Friday until Jan. 3.
• Rochester Public Library will be closed Saturday through Monday. On Dec. 31 it closes early at 1:30 p.m., and it will be closed Jan. 1 and 2.
• Rochester City Lines buses will not run on Monday or Jan. 2. Taxi service is available 24 hours a day through the holiday.
• Most banks will be closed Monday and Jan. 2.
• Most area fitness centers are closed on Christmas Day. The Rochester Athletic Club and the Rochester Recreation Center will be closed on Christmas Day but will resume regular hours Monday, and will remain open through the New Year holiday weekend.
• Some area grocery stores will stay open 24 hours through the holiday. Rochester's three Hy-Vee grocery stores will be closed on Christmas Day. Most 24-hour convenience stores will remain open through the holiday.
• Rochester parking meters will not be enforced on Monday nor on Jan. 2.
• The Post-Bulletin will publish its regular Monday afternoon newspapers on Monday and Jan. 2.