Absolute Theatre’s “Murder on the Orient Express” was beginning to hit its stride when the novel coronavirus pandemic was doing the same in the U.S.

“Basically, the train stopped in the middle of the tracks,” said Suzie Hansen, who directed the production.

With restrictions to slow the virus now lifting, Absolute plans to recapture that momentum, starting with a revival of “Love, Loss and What I Wore” on Friday, Aug. 28, and Saturday, 29, and then resume “Murder on the Orient Express” beginning Sept. 17 at The Castle with support from Threshold Arts.

“Love, Loss and What I Wore” will feature much of the returning cast from Absolute’s run of the show last year.

Related:

Newsletter signup for email alerts

The poignant piece was a popular production for Absolute, and a good way to ease back into live performances. The actors will be able to maintain distance from each other with some tweaks to the blocking, and the 90-minute show will run without an intermission to reduce chances of people who are attending from clustering too close, Hansen said. People attending will have their temperatures taken before being seated.

“We wanted to test the waters and see how that’s going to be received at The Castle,” she said.

It will also be a test run for bringing actors together for in-person rehearsals for “Murder on the Orient Express,” she added.

Related: Murder on Orient Express not derailed

“There’s just so much behind-the-scenes stuff to work out that we wanted to get going and see how it worked,” Hansen said.

“Love, Loss and What I Wore” will run Friday and Saturday at 7 p.m. at The Castle. “Murder on the Orient Express” will run Sept. 17-19, 24-26, at 7 p.m., with a a matinee performance Sept. 20 at 1 p.m.

What: Absolute Theatre's "Love, Loss and What I Wore"

When: 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 28, and Saturday, Aug. 29

Where: The Castle

Tickets: $25. Available online at https://www.absolutetheatre.org/box-office.

More info: Masks are required on the premise at all times.