The Rochester Art Center celebrates its "diamond anniversary" this weekend, and we have all the details. Here are a few things to know about the upcoming virtual party:
- What would an Art Center fundraiser be without art? The 75th anniversary celebration includes a silent auction, which features pieces by Amarama, Brea Gilchrist, Cassandra Buck, and other Rochester makers. Plus, if your walls and tables are already full, you can bid on food and entertainment packages from downtown businesses.
- There’s music! Rapper Nock and singer LaSonya Natividad, as well as the D’Sievers, take the (virtual) stage at the beginning and end of the RAC’s programming, with more tunes by Fires of Denmark midway.
- Feeling introverted? The pre-taped program will be available at 4 p.m. for viewing. But if you want to make it a community event, tune in at 6 for a watch party with RAC members.
- You can participate for free … but you won’t get the most out of it. You can register to watch the music and join the Zoom conversation for free — but if you pay a little more ($35 for RAC members and $40 for everyone else), you can get early access to that silent auction and a take-home art kit with which to create something to show off at the post-presentation party.
- It’s all taking place Saturday, Jan. 30, between 11 a.m. and 6:45 p.m. Pick up those art kits in the morning, watch the program early at 4 (or with the RAC at 6), then join the Zoom party to show off your masterpiece! See rochesterartcenter.org/75th-anniversary-celebration for more information and to sign up.