Entrepreneur: 'I look forward to the challenges each day brings'
1618 U.S. 52 in the Hillcrest Shopping Center
• Describe your business?
We are a comic book, sports card, game store that also carries used books. We're a small specialty store.
• What drove you to launch your own business?
I was underemployed and having trouble finding a job.
• How many hours do you typically work in a week?
• When did you start your business?
I bought the business on March 1, 2008.
• What did you do before taking over the business?
I was working at the Book Review.
• What is the best thing about owning a business?
Being your own boss. You look forward to going to work each day. It's a challenge. It is all on you, if you make it or not.
• What is the hardest thing about owning a business?
Long hours, low pay and high stress.
• What's your hope for your business in the next year?
To continue to grow the business.
• What inspires you to keep doing it?
My customers. I've made some great friendships, and I look forward to the challenges each day brings.
• How can you be reached?