Details for SUMMONSSTATE OF MINNESOTA - THIRD JUDICIAL DISTRICT - COUNTY OF OLMSTED - CIVIL DIVISION CASE TYPE:
STATE OF MINNESOTA - THIRD JUDICIAL DISTRICT - COUNTY OF OLMSTED - CIVIL DIVISION
Court File No. 55-CV-19-5915
Charles S. Tri and Becky A. Tri, Plaintiff,
Leora Ada Flathers, Ernest Boyd Flathers, Ronnie Boyd Flathers, the Flathers Family Trust dated 23 January 1990, the unknown heirs of any of the above Defendants who are deceased, and all other persons unknown claiming any right, title, interest or estate in the real estate, described in the Complaint herein,
THIS SUMMONS IS DIRECTED TO: Leora Ada Flathers, Ernest Boyd Flathers, Ronnie Boyd Flathers, the Flathers Family Trust dated 23 January 1990, the unknown heirs of any of the above Defendants who are deceased, and all other persons unknown claiming any right, title, interest or estate in the real estate, described in the Complaint herein.
1. YOU ARE BEING SUED. The Plaintiffs have started a lawsuit against you. The Plaintiffs Complaint against you is on file in the office of the court administrator of the above-named court. Do not throw these papers away. They are official papers that affect your rights. You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not yet be filed with the Court and there may be no court file number on this summons.
2. YOU MUST REPLY WITHIN 20 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail to the person who signed this summons a written response called an Answer within 20 days of the date on which you received this Summons. You must send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this summons located at:
1765 Greenview Dr. SW
Rochester, MN 55902.
3. YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The Answer is your written response to the Plaintiffs Complaint. In your Answer you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Complaint. If you believe the Plaintiff should not be given everything asked for in the Complaint, you must say so in your Answer.
4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT SEND A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE COMPLAINT TO THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THIS SUMMONS. If you do not Answer within 20 days, you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, and the Court may decide against you and award the Plaintiff everything asked for in the complaint. If you do not want to contest the claims stated in the complaint, you do not need to respond. A default judgment can then be entered against you for the relief requested in the complaint.
5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, the Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to protect your rights or you may lose the case.
6. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties may agree to or be ordered to participate in an alternative dispute resolution process under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. You must still send your written response to the Complaint even if you expect to use alternative means of resolving this dispute.
7. THIS LAWSUIT AFFECTS OR BRING INTO QUESTION TITLE TO REAL PROPERTY located in Olmsted County, State of Minnesota, legally described as follows:
Lot 4, Block 1, Silver Lake Subdivison Rochester, Olmsted County, Minnesota
The object of this action is to obtain a judgment declaring plaintiff to be the owner of the above real property in fee simple absolute and that the defendants, and each of them, have no right, title, interest, lien or estate in the above described property.
/s/ Frank J. McAnulty
Frank J. McAnulty License No.0181213
1765 Greenview Dr. SW
Rochester, MN 55902
Tel (507) 529-2211
Attorney for the Plaintiffs
(8/27, 9/3, 9/10)
As published in the Rochester Post Bulletin.