1996: Restovich having a big year at Notre Dame
The Rochester Mayo grad was hitting .341 in Big East Conference baseball games.
1996 — 25 years ago
- Former state senator Nancy Brataas has been re-appointed by Gov. Arne Carlson to the Minnesota Colleges and Universities Board of Trustees.
- Rochester Mayo graduate George Restovich is hitting .341 at Notre Dame this year in Big East Conference baseball games. Restovich is among the leaders in numerous statistical categories.
1971 — 50 years ago
- Major League Baseball Commissioner Bowie Kuhn announced that baseball would play more of its games at night. One of the World Series games this fall has been scheduled for under the lights.
- U.S. Postal rates will jump from 6 cents to 8 cents for a letter and 11 cents if you use airmail.
1946 — 75 years ago
- Lewiston high school pitcher James Tews pitched a no-hit, no-run game against Elgin. Lewiston won the game 17-0.
- Dr. Christopher Graham was a guest of honor of the local chapter of the Future Farmers of America of Rochester High School. The chapter will officially be named the “Christopher Graham” chapter.
1921 — 100 years ago
- A class of 11 seniors will graduate from Stewartville High School this year. Miss Ester Erickson won valedictorian honors.
- Dr. and Mrs. W. J. Mayo will be in the receiving line with President and Mrs. Coffman, of the University of Minnesota, at a reception at the Minneapolis Armory following the cap-and-gown ceremonies.