1996 — 25 years ago
- The Post Bulletin traveling peewee hockey team won the Waseca Invitational and the sportsmanship trophy. The team is 16-0 this season, and goalie Kevin Rood has nine shutouts.
- Fifteen area pastors and Christian leaders, calling the sin of racism “primarily a spiritual problem,” will speak on the subject this week in church and on the radio.
1971 — 50 years ago
- La Crescent High School senior Judy Ganrude, Apple Queen of Minnesota, will appear at the St. Paul Winter Carnival this weekend.
- Dave Osborn, Minnesota Vikings running back, will be the guest speaker at a father-son, mother-daughter banquet, sponsored by the Central Methodist Church in Winona.
1946 — 75 years ago
- Priority for building 65 veterans’ homes was approved in Minnesota by the federal housing administration.
- Northwest Airlines will carry new identifying colors as a result of an extensive redesign that includes everything from planes to linens to silverware.
1921 — 100 years ago
- The Lake City High school girls basketball team will travel to Winona to play the Winona High girls at the local YMCA. It will be the first game for the Winona girls, but they have gotten in some practices.
- While spinning the propeller to start the engine on the mail plane, a mechanic slipped on the ice of Lake Pepin and was struck by the propeller and thrown 30 feet. Despite a broken right arm, left collar bone, left leg, lacerations, and bruises, he is improving in the Lake City hospital and is expected to recover.