1996 — 25 years ago
- After 10 months of silence, the Rochester Community College radio station KRPR-FM 99 will again have a voice over the airwaves. The studio will be off-campus at 1620 Greenview Drive SW.
- For the third straight year, Rochester Lourdes and Lake City will meet for the overall Hiawatha Valley League boys basketball championship. (Lourdes would win this one 43-38.)
1971 — 50 years ago
- Long hair is winning the battle over short hair by being preferred among male students of America, as noted in a recent Gallup college survey.
- The average monthly starting pay for 1971 college graduates will be engineering, $885; accounting, $845; business administration, $695; and liberal arts, $690. Job seekers are reminded to come to interviews clean-shaven with a white shirt and tie. The survey also reports that more women will be hired than in previous years.
1946 — 75 years ago
- Wanted: Experienced tool and die makers — five-day week, good salary, and excellent working conditions. Apply with the Honeywell Company.
- Wanted: Car cleaners for Pullman cars. 48-hour week — time and a half for Sundays and holidays.
1921 — 100 years ago
- Mrs. J. S. Gaylord, of Winona, was elected historian of the Minnesota Daughters of the American Revolution at the annual winter conference. Mrs. A. D. Hinckley, of Claremont, was elected as recording secretary.
- Twenty-nine women of the city and county have completed the Home Training Course for Nurses. If no regularly trained nurse is available in certain situations, these women will be called to step in and take charge.