1996 — 25 years ago
- John Wegman, a 125-pound senior from St. Charles, won the Class B wrestling state championship, at the St. Paul Civic Center. Wegman was runner-up at 112 pounds last season.
- Part-time firefighters for the Rochester Fire Department is feasible but not desirable, a citizens panel concluded after nine months of discussion.
1971 — 50 years ago
- Pfc Judith Arens, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Bob Arens, of Kellogg, recently was named WAC of the quarter for Fort Ord, Calif.
- Bob Wiesner, son of Mr. and Mrs. Robert Wiesner, has been awarded an Eagle badge at a court of honor at Bethel Lutheran Church.
- Dodge Center Board of Education sold $1.3 million in bonds this week to finance construction of a new senior high school in Dodge Center.
1946 — 75 years ago
- Eighty-three percent of the people of Minnesota have war savings bonds. Savings is at an all-time high in the United States and in our state in the form of bonds.
- March will be a key month for promotion of better citizenship in Minnesota schools, according to the state American League Americanism chairman.
1921 — 100 years ago
- Fire hydrants and boxes will be painted red by order of the City Council. This is on recommendation by the state Department of Insurance.
- Robert Nimmons, of Rochester, has recently completed some very satisfactory experimental work in the use of dynamite for blasting tree stumps. Until now, the use of dynamite for this purpose was practically unknown.