1996 — 25 years ago
- Minnesota Twins outfielder Kirby Puckett has undergone what may be the first in a series of eye operations to help with the effects of glaucoma.
- People will walk, talk, plant or sell trees, clean up, recycle, and pass out information about environmental issues to celebrate the 26th anniversary of Earth Day.
1971 — 50 years ago
- Rochester will have its first rock concert of the season at Mayo Park. Local rock groups Therica, Judd, and area folk singer Mark Grimm will appear. Organizers are hoping for a crowd of 3,000.
- The 79-year-old Bach Music Co. on South Broadway has been purchased by Schmitt Music. Bach Music, a family store, was founded in 1892. John Bach will remain with Schmitt in sales and promotions.
1946 — 75 years ago
- The sounds of warfare gone, millions of Christians gathered to rejoice over the resurrection of Jesus Christ. President Truman slipped quietly into the First Baptist Church in Washington, D.C., to lead the United States in observing Easter.
- The Minnesota State Society of X-Ray Technicians will conduct its annual meeting in Rochester. The annual dance will be held in the Izaak Walton cabin.
1921 – 100 years ago
- The American Legion has adopted the poppy, the exact replica of those on Flanders Fields, as its Memorial Day remembrance flower. On May 30, thousands of tiny, red silk flowers will be distributed throughout America by the Legions.
- According to accounts in the War Records Commission, State Historical Building, St. Paul, nearly 3,500 men from Minnesota made the ultimate sacrifice on land and sea in the World War.