1996 — 25 years ago
- Chatfield football coach Ken Jacobson, who led the Gophers to a second straight Class C state championship, was selected as the State Football Coach of the Year.
- An anonymous gift of $300,000 is being given to the Chatfield Public Library to aid in the renovation of the 81-year-old Carnegie Library. The donation will go toward the construction of an addition to the library and be made handicap accessible.
1971 — 50 years ago
- The six cheerleaders for the 1971-72 John Marshall A-squad are Jill Alker, Beth Books, Sue Borg, Kay Drews, Sara Reuter and Laurie Steiger.
- Lourdes’ girls track team won a quadrangular meet at Soldiers Field. The Myron Glass-coached Eagles set six school records. Sophomore Connie Perry paced Lourdes, winning the 100- and 220-yard dashes.
1946 — 75 years ago
- Rochester and area residents’ longtime dream of a permanent community art center came closer to reality when plans for the organization of an art group were made at a meeting in the Mayo Civic auditorium.
- Around 2,300 people in the Mayo Civic auditorium were entertained by a performance by Frankie Carle and his orchestra.
1921 — 100 years ago
- Rochester High School has not produced a school annual since 1917 due to material cost during the war. A unique and extensive annual is being planned, with 50 pages filled with various photos of teachers, students, school organizations, and activities such as music, drama and athletics. Orders are being taken now.