1996 — 25 years ago
- Eighty of IBM’s AS/400 computers will provide current and historical data for close to 150,000 accredited reporters for the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta.
- Roscoe’s Root Beer & Ribs of Rochester won the Best Ribs award at the fourth annual Rib Buddies Cook-Off at Harriet Island in St. Paul.
1971 — 50 years ago
- The last service in the old Jehovah Lutheran Church in Altura was held. The church members voted to raze the old church and erect a new church on the current site.
- Mike Antonovich, the junior center on the University of Minnesota hockey team, was drafted by the Minnesota North Stars in the National Hockey League amateur draft. Henry Boucha, of Warroad, was taken by Detroit in the second round.
1946 — 75 years ago
- Rochester’s newest industry, the Rochester Ready Mix Concrete Company, is now in operation. At peak capacity, it will produce 320 yards of concrete daily.
- For the first time in 39 years, liquor will be sold in Chatfield when the municipal liquor store opens in the Olmsted County portion of Chatfield on Highway 1.
1921 — 100 years ago
- Miss Edna Kruesel, who recently graduated from Saint Marys Hospital Training School for Nurses, has departed for the Twin Cities.
- Between 500 and 600 people attended the Fifth Annual Calf Show held in Dover.
- The new Kahler Hotel, at First Street at Second Avenue Southwest, will have a total of 1,900 doors when completed. Some features of the hotel include a coffee room, a beauty parlor, a barbershop, club rooms, and Kahler corporate offices.