1996 — 25 years ago
- The top three songs on the KROC Hit List are "You Learn" by Alanis Morissette, "Macarena" by Los Del Rio, and "Sweet Dreams" by La Bouche.
- “Glimpses of Minnesota,” 42 watercolors by award-winning Faribault artist Dee Teller, are on exhibit at Rochester Civic Theatre.
1971 — 50 years ago
- Miss Mavis Partner was crowned Miss Minnesota Brown Swiss Queen at the Brown Swiss picnic at the Loren Beirbaum farm in rural Eyota.
- The new $800,000 Minnesota Bible College on Mayowood Drive Southwest is 65% complete.
1946 — 75 years ago
- For fans who love baseball, the Indianapolis Clowns and the Kansas City Monarchs, two Negro League baseball teams, will be playing a game at Lexington Park in St. Paul. The Clowns have Reece (“Goose”) Tatum, and the Monarchs have Buck O'Neil.
- Miss Vivian Glende was named Miss Winona’s Aqua Queen from a field of 10 candidates.
1921 — 100 years ago
- A significant accomplishment of highway construction in the state this year will formally open July 21 when the new concrete highway from Faribault to Northfield will be opened for traffic.
- Six “Knights of the Road” were arrested by Rochester police along the Great Western railroad tracks. The six men spent the night in jail and were released. (During the days of “hoboing,” many jobless and homeless men rode the rails in boxcars. Along the stops, these men were hired to work on the railroads or in the fields.)