1996 — 25 years ago
- Former Rochester John Marshall football star Matt Brechler is off to a fast start at South Dakota State University. Brechler had 101 yards on 17 carries and one touchdown in a 56-0 nonconference win over South Dakota Tech.
- A search continues for an armed gunman who robbed the Green Meadow branch of Premier Bank. He fled on foot with an undetermined amount of cash.
1971 — 50 years ago
- Rochester middleweight Pat O’Conner made quick work of Tom Johnson when O’Connor scored a second-round TKO for his 23rd consecutive victory in Fargo’s Civic Memorial Auditorium.
- Final base layers of concrete pavement are being applied on a section of Interstate 90 between Dakota and the intersection with Highway 76 near Witoka.
- The Polka Dots will be playing Saturday at the Pla-Mor Ballroom, where you can dance in air-conditioned comfort.
1946 — 75 years ago
- Minnesota Republicans have endorsed former Gov. Harold E. Stassen for president, and were also committed to a state bonus for veterans of World War II.
- $13,000,000 is expected to be paid out to private dentists by the Veterans Administration for treatment and care of dental ailments among Minnesota World War II veterans within one year of discharge.
1921 — 100 years ago
- The American Legion Monthly, a new periodical in the city, will soon be published by the Legionnaires of the 1st District. The paper will be edited and published in Rochester. The publication will be mailed for free to all Legion and Auxiliary members in the 1st District.
- Mayor C. D. Brown has been tasked to conduct a survey of unemployment in the city. Minnesota, like other states, is confronted with more than the average amount of unemployment this year, and steps need to be taken to relieve it.
- Dr. Sheldon, Mr. Berkman, Dr. H. S. Plummer, Dr. Judd, Dr. Lillie and Mr. Harwick are enjoying a hunting trip near Hollock.