1996 – 25 years ago
- Rochester Community and Technical College running back William Coleman has been named Offensive Player of the Week in the Minnesota Community College Conference’s Southern Division for his performance in RCTC’s game against Hibbing.
- IBM plans to introduce the latest version of its OS/2 software, code-named Merlin.
1971 – 50 years ago
- Home deliveries of milk have continued to drop steadily. The main reason is the price. The average price of milk delivered to a home is 67.4 cents per half-gallon. This compares with 57.9 cents for the same amount of milk purchased at the store.
- The five homecoming queen finalists at Rochester Mayo High School are Debbie Allhiser, Jena Browning, Ann Eastman, Mandy Hyatt, and Susan Worthington.
1946 – 75 years ago
- About 75 naval ships, berthed on the west coast and Pearl Harbor, are suspected of dangerous radioactivity because of the atomic bomb tests in the Bikini Atoll.
- The For-Get-Me-Not sale, conducted by the ladies of the Chatfield American Legion, netted $48.
1921 – 100 years ago
- Mr. and Mrs. Balfour, mother and father of Dr. D. C. Balfour, of Hamilton, Canada, are guests at this home.
- A new three-story apartment building will be built on Fourth Street SW. The building will include 24 apartments and will be sold outright to applicants. The cost of the apartments will be from $4,000 to $7,000.
- Mr. J. P. Madden took first place in the horseshoe pitching tournament in Mayo Park. There were 16 entries.