1996 — 25 years ago
- Beth Anne Christensen, who teaches eighth-grade English at Dakota Meadows Middle School in Mankato, was named the Minnesota Educational Association 1996 Teacher of the Year.
- The Stewartville High School volleyball team won the Apple Valley October Classic tournament. Stewartville cruised unbeaten through the 16-team tournament. Stewartville is currently ranked No. 1 in Class A.
1971 — 50 years ago
- Members of the Southeastern Minnesota Beekeepers Association will meet in the REA Hall in Zumbrota. Linda Johnson, Minnesota Honey Queen, will be on hand to brighten the get-together.
- Airman Terrance Kelly, son of Mr. and Mrs. William Kelly of Rushford, has graduated from Sheppard AFB after completing the course in aircraft mechanics.
1946 — 75 years ago
- Six squirrel hunters who could not wait for the season's opening were arrested by local game wardens. One man had 18 squirrels in his possession, and his double-barrel 12-gauge shotgun was confiscated.
- The Chicago & North Western Railroad has been selected to receive one of the highest awards of the Navy in recognition of the transportation work during the war and during demobilization.
1921 — 100 years ago
- Many new members were received into the Women’s Auxiliary of the Rochester American Legion. The auxiliary will be a part of the Armistice Day program.
- All citizens living in Kutzky’s addition and interested in the beautifying that part of the city are requested to meet this evening at 8:00 p.m. at the garage opposite St. Marys Hospital.
- Dr. C. H. and C. Margaret Haven, chiropractors, left Rochester for St. Cloud, where they will attend the annual meeting of the Minnesota Chiropractors.