1996 — 25 years ago
- Rochester Mayo High School basketball stars Coco and Kelly Miller verbally committed to playing basketball at the University of Georgia. The Lady Bulldogs head coach is Andy Landers. (Coco and Kelly were four-year starters and received numerous honors. They were inducted into the University of Georgia's prestigious Circle of Honor and named 2019 Southeastern Conference Legends. Coach Landers would retire in 2015 with 944 total wins. Landers has been named to the Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame).
1971 — 50 years ago
- Homecoming royalty at Elgin-Millville Community Schools are Queen Sheila Becker and King Mike Schroeder.
- The Red Wing Republican Eagle was one of 25 newspapers awarded by the Inland Daly Press Association for outstanding local – government news reporting.
1946 — 75 years ago
- Establish kindergartens in every public school in the state, consolidate more rural schools, and improve the economic status of teachers were resolutions adopted at the closing session of the Minnesota Congress of Parents and Teachers.
- An all-war veteran crew of solicitors was selected to conduct the United Service Organization fund drive in Lewiston. People are urged to have their contributions ready when the solicitors call.
- Baseball is back and more popular than ever. Major league attendance was up 63% from 1945. The New York Yankees established a new club record by drawing 2.3 million fans.
1921 — 100 years ago
- The Bethel English Lutheran Church congregation is erecting a large church on Third Avenue SW, adjacent to the Worrell Hospital. The Bethel church was organized on May 11, 1869.
- The Young Women’s Christian Association hosted a banquet served in the Brackenridge Memorial Hall for more than 150 Rochester nurses.
- New types of saws and power machinery are being developed, significantly reducing the time and effort to cut firewood.