Rochester Public Library Foundation is hosting a virtual holiday shopping event starting Friday.
The online auction to benefit Rochester Public Library will run two weeks, from Black Friday through Dec. 11.
“Our online auction allows shoppers to see what local businesses have available this holiday season, while also supporting the library," Foundation Executive Director Brenda Kardock said. "Hopefully if they don’t win the item they are bidding on, they will shop the donating business.”
There are 77 items available on the auction, ranging in retail value from $10 to $1,000; auction winners will be get their items Dec. 12-19 through the library’s Curbside Pickup Service.
“We are also offering delivery service for an additional donation, with all money going to support RPLF," she said.
Auction items are also available through a "buy now" option.
The auction opens at 8 a.m. Friday, but items can be previewed at: www.32Auctions.com/RochesterLibrary.
- An outdoor fire pit from Home Depot, Norwegian holiday ornaments from The Nordic Shop, Dremel set from Lowe’s, Vikings/Packers items from Scheels, designer handbags, handmade quilts and baby afghans.
- Gift cards from Dunn Brothers Coffee , Counterpoint Home, Taco Jed and Ye Olde Butcher Shoppe.
- Gift baskets from Flowers by Jerry, Think Mutual Bank, and assorted theme baskets.
- Farm-fresh eggs for a year.
- Autographed books from Anne Rice, Deborah Norville, Jenny Hartin and Al Roker.
Additionally, experience packages are being offered. They include:
- Meeting and cuddling baby goats at the Simple Soaps for Simple Folks Farm.
- Weekend stay at The Berkman, or 1-Month Parking in its’ heated Garage courtesy Denison Parking.
- Rock climbing at ROCA.
- Annual memberships at Ancestry, SPARK and Coyote Creek.
- Barbecue feast for six delivered by grill master Scott Rindahl of Riverview Greens.
For more information, contact Kardock by phone (574) 387-9320, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.