The Landing MN, a non-profit organization that assists people facing homelessness, is partnering with Get Healthy, a Rochester business, to hold a pop-up event to collect donations for The Landing's Mobile Outreach Unit.
After learning about the non-profit, Get Healthy owner Glen Larson began fundraising for the organization to help those facing homelessness in Rochester. The pop-up event will help add to Larson’s efforts
Larson’s goal is to "stock the truck" that serves as The Landing's Mobile Outreach Unit.
According to the fundraiser announcement, attendees bringing a donation – either an item or monetary – to the business at 1617 N. Broadway Ave. between 10 a.m. and noon Saturday will be entered into a drawing to receive The Landing MN and Get Healthy merchandise.
Accepted item donations include:
- Men’s jeans (32x32, 32x34, 34x32, 34x34)
- Men’s tennis shoes (size 12 – 14)
- Men’s crew socks (new only)
- Unisex t-shirts (S – 3XL)
- Women’s jeans
- Women’s underwear (size 4 – 10)
- Non-perishable, single -serve food items (crackers, tuna packs, ramen noodle cups, V8 juice, etc.)