Film festival sets some films
Although the final lineup and schedule aren't set, a handful of films likely to be shown at the Rochester International Film Fest have been identified.
Among films confirmed for the festival so far, according to Alan Hoffman of the Rochester International Film Group :
• "Connected," an award-winning documentary shown at Sundance 2011. The film shows the connections between consumption, the environment, population growth, technology, the global economy and human rights.
• "Lila, Lila," (Germany) a romantic comedy starring Daniel Bruhl ("Goodbye, Lenin," "Inglorious Basterds") and Hannah Herzsprung ("The Reader"), two of the best young actors in German cinema.
• "The Lutefisk Wars," a mockumentary about Norwegian-Americans in the Upper Midwest.
• "Bill Cunningham New York," a documentary about a New York City street photographer.
• "Score: A Hockey Musical" (Canada); "Glee" on ice?
About a dozen films will be shown at the festival, which runs April 29 through May 5 at Galaxy 14 Cine, 4340 Maine Ave. S.E. A complete, detailed festival schedule will appear in the April 28 Post-Bulletin.