Deals your wallet will love
If you're looking for a way to make Valentine's Day special for your date, you're in luck since many restaurants and night spots are featuring Valentine's specials. Here are a few:
• Todd Andrews and Amber Preston will present a special Valentine's night stand-up comedy show at Goonie's Comedy Club , 7 Second St. S.W. Showtime is 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $15. For reservations, call 288-8130.
• Add a dash of mystique to your evening with Mystery Beer night at both Whistle Binkies locations, Old World Pub, 3120 Wellner Drive N.E. and On the Lake, 247 Woodlake Drive S.E. Reach into a hat and pull out a slip of paper to reveal which of the more than 140 beers you'll soon be putting to your lips for $2.
Whistle Binkies also will serve up a bacon-wrapped filet paired with jumbo shrimp for $15.95, or $29.95 for two.
• Heat things up with a hot rock dinner at Twigs Tavern and Grille , 401 Sixth St. S.W., voted Best First-Date Place in Rochester Magazine's Favorite Restaurant poll published in the February issue. A 650-degree granite rock is delivered to your table where you cook sliced meat or seafood to your liking. For reservations, call 288-0206.
• As a special treat for you and your sweet, the Valentine's special at Michaels Restaurant , 15 S. Broadway, featuring award-winning filet mignon and/or a cold water lobster tail complete with all the trimmings for $27.95, is available through the end of the month. For reservations, call 288-2020.
• Surprise your date with flowers when you make reservations for Valentine's weekend at Chester's Kitchen in University Square, 111 S. Broadway. There are three bouquets to choose from. A special Valentine's Day menu features a four-course dinner for two, in addition to the regular menu. For reservations, call 424-1211.
• Pescara, 150 S. Broadway, is also offering bouquets delivered to your table and special menu items. For reservations, call 280-6900.
• Sontes , 4 Third St. S.W., is serving up a seven-course meal and complimentary glass of champagne on Valentine's Day. Dinner is $65 per person. A wine pairing with each course is $40 per person. For reservations, call 292-1628 or go online .
• Bilotti's Italian Village , 304 First Ave. S.W., has a special steak and shrimp dinner with sides for $14.99 planned. For reservations, call 282-8669.
• The Creative Cuisine Company will have Valentine's Day specials at three restaurants.
City Cafe, 216 First Ave. S.W., will have a four-course dinner for two, featuring seafood dishes as well as red drinks, including a red berry martini and pomegranate mojito. Wine flights will also be available. For reservations, call 289-1949.
300 First, 300 First Ave. N.W., will also have a four-course dinner for two featuring steaks and seafood and, back by popular demand for Valentine's Day, white chocolate mousse. There's also a new smokin' martini, the Bride-to-be, and champagne and wine specials. For reservations, call 281-2451.
Pazzo, 300 First Ave. N.W., lower level, will be serving up a sweetheart dinner for two. The five-course Italian meal costs $50 for two people. For reservations, call 281-2978.
• "Love on the Rocks, with a Beer Chaser"a collection of original comedy sketches about love, dating and relationships presented by Theater du Jour will be performed at 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday and Feb. 18-19 at the Rochester Civic Theatre lobby stage, 20 Civic Center Drive S.E. Tickets: $12, available on the Theater du Jour website or at the door.