Hop to it as restaurants serve Easter brunch
The Easter bunny will soon be making the rounds with his basket of eggs and chocolates, but restaurants around the area have him beat.
Many restaurants put out a special spread of all the foods associated with Easter — ham, eggs, even Peeps — and much more. There will be chefs carving prime rib, omelets made to order, fresh fruits, fish of all kinds from smoked salmon to baked cod, and salads, sides and desserts.
Try fitting that in a basket.
"It should be a big day," said Chris Rohe, chef at Prescott's in Rochester. Especially for a restaurant that doesn't normally serve breakfast except on Easter and Mother's Day, he said.
Easter brunches and meals will be served at the following restaurants on Sunday. If you know of a restaurant that we missed, please email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get it in before the Easter bunny arrives at your house.
• Somerby Golf Club , 975 Somerby Parkway N.E., Byron, will serve a brunch buffet with everything including Peeps from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Reservations required, call 775-3700 or go online.
• Chesters Kitchen and Bar , 111 S. Broadway, Rochester, will have brunch buffet with items not normally on the breakfast menu such as shrimp cocktails from 10 a.m to 2 p.m. Reservations required, call 424-1211.
• Pescara , 150 S. Broadway, Rochester, will serve brunch from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. and dinner from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. Reservations available online or by calling 280-6900.
• St. James Hotel , 406 Main St. Red Wing, will have a buffet with cheese blintz with strawberry compote, prime rib, salads and antipasta and desserts from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Reservations recommended, call 1-800-252-1875.
• Teresa's Cafe and Grille at the Ramada , 1517 16th St. S.W., Rochester, will have a brunch buffet from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. There is also a special kids buffet. Call 529-7328 for reservations.
• Grand Grill at the The Kahler Grand Hotel , 20 Second Ave. S.W., Rochester, will have a buffet including an omelet and carving stations. Reservations encouraged, call 285-2797.
• Ron's Place at La Quinta Inn & Suites , 1625 S. Broadway, Rochester, will have a brunch buffet from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Call 281-2211 for reservations.
• Clarion Inn , 1630 S. Broadway, Rochester, will have a brunch buffet including build-your-own eggs Benedict, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Kids swim free after the buffet. Reservations required, call 288-1844.
• The Restaurant , 723 Second St. S.W., Rochester, is offering a four-course brunch from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Reservations required, call 289-6666.
• DoubleTree Hotel , 150 S. Broadway, Rochester, will have a buffet set up on the mezzanine level event space from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Reservations required, call 281-8000.
• Canadian Honker , 1203 Second St. S.W., Rochester, will be serving Easter specials from 11 a.m to 9 p.m. in addition to its regular menu. The restaurant also offers catering, call 282-6572.
• Prescott's, 1201 S. Broadway, Rochester, will serve brunch a la carte from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and dinner from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. For reservations, call 536-7775.