1. You don’t have to fly to NYC. Or Rome. Or Buenos Aires. Or Tatranska Lominca. Or one of the other cities around the globe where the Banff Mountain Film Festival will be shown. (And yes, Tatranska Lominca is a real city.)
2. It’s fun to say “Banff.” As in: “Tonight, I’m going to Banff it up.”
3. You could win cool stuff. Your ticket also serves as your in to door prizes—offered by national festival sponsors like Clifbar & Company, YETI, and Sierra Nevada.
4. Six to 10 short films. $14. Try to get that deal anywhere else.
5. It will put you in the mood. For adventure. (We can’t guarantee any other moods.) You’re guaranteed “thrilling, outdoor adventure films,” says Kristin Welch of Tyrol Ski & Sports, the festival’s local host.
The Banff Mountain Film Festival is coming to Willow Creek Middle School Friday, Dec. 6, at 7 p.m. The screening will feature short films highlighting outdoor adventure and mountain culture. (Some language - appropriate for ages 13 and older.) Tickets available at Tyrol Ski & Sports or online at tyrolskishop.com. Ticket prices: $14 in advance, $17 at the door, $9 for students.