Rochester, MN 55904
About Parks & Recreation
More About Parks & Recreation
Junior Golf Lessons (ages 6 to 18) –For fee and registration information, contact the facility of your choice after March 1 or get an entry form at www.rochestermngolf.com.
Soldiers Field – David Richardson, PGA - 281-6176 - A fun and competitive Middle School Golf League is available. The league plays on Thursdays, June 11-August 6 with tee times beginning at 2 p.m. The league fee is $30.00. Entry forms and complete information available at www.rochestermngolf.com (Soldiers Field GC Link). Eligibility: Girls and boys in grades 6 thru 8. Solid knowledge of golf rules and etiquette are required.
Eastwood Golf Course – Jeff Gorman, PGA - 281-6173 - Junior camps are being offered in 2015. For ages 6-8, the camp dates are June 15-19, 8-11 a.m. each day at a cost of $95.00. Ages 9-12, the camp dates are June 22-26, 8-11 a.m. at a cost of $95.00. For ages 13 and up, there is an Advanced Junior Golf program for skill improvement. They meet every Wednesday afternoon from June 24-July 22 and start at 1 p.m. ending approximately at 4 p.m. The cost is $100.00. This class is limited to the first 30 juniors.
Northern Hills Golf Course – Mike Manahan - 281-6170 - Northern Hills Golf Course junior camps. For ages 6-8, the camp dates are June 8-10, 8-10 a.m. each day at a cost of $50.00.
Junior Golf Etiquette Classes
Sign up for classes after March 25 by calling Hadley Creek 529-4119. There is no charge for these classes. Classes will be held April 25, 26, May 2, June 6. There will be two classes each day, one starting at 4 p.m. and the other starting at 5 p.m. If a junior has taken the class once, they do not have to take it again. Classes must to be taken to purchase a junior membership or to be part of a family membership.
All junior camps and The First Tee sessions qualify as Etiquette Classes and save the Junior $25.00 off a Junior Pass at City golf courses.
Hadley Creek Golf Learning Center -- Home to The First Tee
Bill Watson or Paul Pehler, Head Coaches at 529-4119 or 529-0223 for details. The First Tee is a program that teaches youth life skills through the game of golf. It focuses on nine core values: honesty, integrity, sportsmanship, respect, confidence, responsibility, perseverance, courtesy and judgment. This program targets youth ages 7-17 and invites kids from all backgrounds to discover golf. The program provides a progression of skill levels to accommodate the varying abilities and ages. There is a $50.00 fee for one child in one session and $150.00 maximum for any family or for 3+ children or for multiple sessions with scholarships available for those who ask. Scholarships come with qualifications. Participants may register at the Park and Recreation Office or at Hadley Creek after April 1, 2015.
Junior Development Tennis Instruction
- Rochester Outdoor Tennis Center, located in Kutzky Park.
- 15 tennis courts (4 lighted) and a clubhouse.
- Open May 16 - September 13, 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Lessons taught by the Rochester Tennis Connection staff.
- Registration begins Monday, April 6 at Rochester Tennis Connection (288-4851).
- After May 16, contact Outdoor Tennis Center (281-6186) or Rochester Tennis Connection (288-4851).
- For more information, visit www.rochestertennis.com.
- Quick Start (Ages 4-6yr.): Six 1-week sessions, Beginning June 8 (Mon.-Thurs.) $40.00/session
- Beginner – Advanced (Ages 6yr & up): Six 2-week sessions, Beginning June 8 (Mon.-Thurs.) $85.00/session
- Quick Start (Ages 4-6yr.): Six 1-week sessions, Beginning June 8 (Mon.-Thurs.) $40/session
- Beginner – Advanced (Ages 6yr & up): Three 4-week sessions, Beginning June 8 (Twice per week) $85.00/session
Advanced Player Development
- Tournament Group, Excellence & Big Dogs
- For juniors who have committed to tennis as a competitive sport.
- More info: www.rochestertennis.com
Rochester Spring Hockey League
- Graham Arena Four
- Boys and girls ages 8 – 17
- April 6 – June 5
- Fee: $135.00
- To register go to www.grahamarena.com
The Complete Defensemen Camp
- May – June
- Defensive Tactics Camp, Defensive Skills and Drills, Game Sense, Classroom and Dryland
- Boys and girls ages 10 – 15
- Graham Arena Complex
Peak Performance Hockey Camps
- Eight Week Intensive Camp – April 19 - June 14
- One Week Full Day Camp – June 22 - 26
- Fall Try-Out Prep Camp – September 7 - 26
- SQ, PW, BT, Girls U10/U12/U14
- Fee: $75.00 - $175.00
- Location: Graham Arena Four
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, www.peakhockey.com, or 507-358-8991
Youth Open Hockey
- Boys and Girls
- Days/times – TBD
National Volleyball Center
The National Volleyball Center will be the site for a variety of different fun and exciting volleyball camps offered by Rochester Youth Volleyball Association, and S.P.I.K.E. Performance. A Summer High School Volleyball League will be held on Wednesday evenings with a per team entry fee of $200.00. For those who just want to get together and play, attend one of our Open Volleyball Sessions, or rent a court for your group. Please visit our website at www.rochestermn.gov/nvc to get all the details or call 328-5200. FEES: Open Volleyball $4.00 for Adults and $3.00 for Youth (6-18) Court Rental $27/hour + tax for Volleyball $54/hour + tax for Basketball
Is this your business?
Promote your business through our innovative Marketplace system! It's free to sign up!