11. Meeting, convention, and event planners
Photo Credit: Hero Images Inc. / Alamy Stock Photo
- Millennial percent of total employment:48.2%
- Median age of all employees:36.8
- Total employment:137,000 (10.9% projected growth)
- Median annual wage:$48,290
- Typical entry-level education:Bachelor’s degree
Event planners work within a company, a venue, or as an independent agency to arrange meetings, conventions, or other events. They coordinate multiple vendors and stakeholders, such as staff, convention personnel, and clients, to take care of the logistics of an event. Event planners typically hold a bachelor’s degree and earn a median annual wage of $48,290. With 10.9 percent projected growth by 2026, the job outlook is a bit stronger than the national average.