11Community news AUS RK/ nm
• Recent contributions to the Austin Medical Center Auxiliary auxiliary’s fund have honored Charles Golden, Ralph Wright, Thelma Wobbrock, Lucille Moore, Jerry Fell and Jerome Michels.
Memorials and donations to the funds, which go to students enrolled in medical fields at Riverland Community College, can be mailed to AMC Auxiliary, 1001 First Drive N.W., Austin, MN 55912. They also can be dropped off at the medical center’s coffee shop.
• Julia Bartemes, a sophomore at Pacelli High School, has been chosen to attend the Minnesota MILE leadership seminar June 17-19 in St. Paul. MILE is an acronym for motivating and inspiring leadership and excellence. Students are chosen based on demonstrated leadership potential for leadership growth. More than 100 students will participate in the seminar.
• Brenda Sterner, an Austin High graduate and daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Robert Nagel of Austin, received the "Outstanding Pharmacist Award" for Minnesota pharmacists for 2007, which is given annually by the Minnesota Society of Health System Pharmacists. Sterner, who was honored in April in Minneapolis, has been a pharmacist at Abbott Northwestern Hospital in Minneapolis for 26 years.
• Apold Music’s spring recital recently was at First United Methodist Church.
Guitar students who performed included Shawna Lewno, Trevor Loverink, Miranda Wangen, Taylor Turner, Matt Newmann, Shawn Case, Nick Paukner, Kassie Fate, Jordan Cotter, Mitchell Mayer, Kaleb Blasser, Levi Vierkandt, Bret Lukes, Brad Ray and Shannon Lysne. Darlene Keyser-Turner is the instructor.
Piano students who have Susan Hays as a teacher and performed included Carma Sheehan, Bailey Mueller, Crystal Paukner, Alexandra Holten, Jacob Paukner, Sam Farrell, Courtney Bogle, Jennifer Bogle, Darla Hartquist, Lindsey Snyder, Lacey Snyder, Nathan Drees, Travis Campbell, Emily Billings, Madeline Kinney, Ryan Lysne, Jeewoo Kang, Nahyun Kang and Megan Brown.
Under instructor Leona Miller, the piano students who performed were Colin Hasley, Zach Huntley and Cole Ethen.
The drum student was Lindsey Snyder, who has Ranielle Johnson as a teacher.
John Fleiner also performed on drums. He has Bill Apold as a teacher.
• An all-you-can-eat waffle breakfast, 9 a.m. May 13 at St. Edwards Church Corcoran Center, 2001 Second Ave. S.E. Tickets are $6 for adults and can be purchased at the Woodson office, 1601 Fourth St. S.E. Children 5 and younger eat free. Funds will go to the Woodson Kindergarten Center.
Community News appears Fridays. To submit news items, send them to the Post-Bulletin, 201 S. Main St. Austin, MN 55912. E-mail can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.