19. El Paso, TX
- Price-to-rent ratio:9.65
- Difference from national average:-19%
- Price-to-rent ratio 5-year change:+7%
- Median home listing price:$164,275
- Approximate monthly mortgage payment:$657
- Median rent (2-bedroom):$1,075
Another one of the least expensive cities on this list, El Paso has a median home listing price of $164,275 and a median rent of $1,075. El Paso has a low crime rate for a large city, as well as a multitude of multicultural influences due to its shared border with Mexico. If this description appeals to you and your family, buy, buy, buy—the price-to-rent ratio is 9.65, 19% less than the national average.