In the 1940s, much of Rochester's news was distributed via the Rochester News Agency (upper) at 117 4 St. S.W., adjacent to First Christian Church in the background.)
In 1947, the business was purchased by brothers Ben, Hyman and Milton Kaplan. The Kaplan family expanded the business in many locations over the years including news stands at Mayo Clinic from 1955 to 2012. Today, Newbridge Apartments (right) occupy this site.