ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

AUSTIN EDITION Garbage bin catches fire

Firefighters extinguished a blaze in a garbage bin Wednesday morning at a southeast Austin residence.

About 4:15 a.m., firefighters were called to 1300 Seventh St. S.E. for a rolloff container fully engulfed in flames, Police Chief Paul Philipp said.

No damage occurred to structures near the steel bin, which was in the home's driveway, he said.

What To Read Next
Caitlin and Jason Keck’s two-year term on the American Farm Bureau Federation committee begins next month.
The Minnesota Public Utilities Commission met on Jan. 5, 2023, to consider the application for Summit Carbon Solutions.
Qualified Minnesota farmers will receive dollar-for-dollar matching money to purchase farmland.