Austin schools have new conference format
Austin school district has created a new format for upcoming parent conferences. The changes were made to:
- Make conferences more accessible for families.
- Build relationships between families and school.
- Provide parents with a central place to meet teachers.
- Spread conferences out over time so there is less waiting for parents.
- Allow a more private setting for parents to discuss individualized student reports.
The conferences will be from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Monday; and from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday.
Conferences will be done arena-style in Hastings gym. Families will need to enter through the gym lobby doors.
First, parents will meet with their student’s Advisor/Connect teacher for 5 to 10 minutes to get the student’s information. Connect teachers are setting up appointments with their students’ families. Parents who have not scheduled or heard from a Connect teacher should call the high school for an appointment.
For more information, contact Brad Bergstrom at 433-0401 or email@example.com.