Community education courses and trips
To register online for Community Education classes and to see the complete brochure, go to www.rochesterce.org/adults. For more information about courses or to register, call 328-4000. Brochures are also available at Rochester Public Library, Kwik Trips, Simoniz and University Square. Unless otherwise noted, classes take place at the Northrop Community Education Center in Rochester, 201 Eighth Street N.W.
Tuesday, Nov. 4
- Excel Introduction (Office 2003/2007): Instructor is Jim Miner, 8 a.m. to 11 a.m., also Nov. 18, fee is $65, class code is 7446.122.
Wednesday, Nov. 5
- Enchanted France: Instructor is Mary Ann Grisham, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., fee is $10.
Thursday, Nov. 6
- 150 Years of Storytelling in the Northstar State with storyteller Kevin Strauss: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., fee is $9, senior fee is $5, class code is 8336.131.
- Guitar, Intermediate with Kyle Haack: 7:45 p.m. to 8:45 pm. Thursdays through Dec. 4, no class Nov. 27, at John Adams music choir room. Fee is $25, class code is 7096.131.
- Funeral Service Options with Robert Arnold: 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at Ranfranz and Vine, 5461 Royal Place N.W. in Rochester. Fee is $9, senior fee is $5, class code is 7205.132.
- Introduction to Interior Design with Sarah Conti: 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Fee is $30.
- Trip to Unique Minneapolis Neighborhoods and Boutique: Departs at 7:45 a.m. from Recreation Center west parking lot, approximate return is 4:15 p.m., fee is $42.
Monday, Nov. 10
- Word, Beginning for Office (XP/Vista): Taught by Jim Miner from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m., also on Nov. 17. Fee is $45, class code is 7456.123.
Tuesday, Nov. 11
- Adventures in Social Rythmn Dancing: 7:45 p.m. to 9:15 p.m. Tuesdays through Dec. 2. Instructor is David Wells, fee is $29, class code is 9060.121.
Wednesday, Nov. 12
- Aquatic Aerobic Exercise With Janet Rich: 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays through Jan. 21, no class on Nov. 27, Dec. 24 and Dec. 31, at the Willow Creek pool. Fee is $35, senior fee is $27, class code is 9004.132.
- Infant and Child CPR: 5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. at American Red Cross, 310 14th St. S.E. in Rochester. Fee is $48, class code is 8145.121.
- Smart Choices in Retirement: 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Instructor is Marlin Hofer, fee is $6, senior fee is $3, class code is 7167.121.
Thursday, Nov. 13
- 150 Years of MN Nature Writers and Writing with Kevin Strauss: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Fee is $9, senior fee is $5, class code is 8226.131.
Saturday, Nov. 15
- Trip to see "Wicked" at the Orpheum Theater: Noon departure from Recreation Center west parking lot, 7 p.m. approximate return. Fee is $109, includes transportation, theater ticket and box lunch. No refunds.
Monday, Nov. 17
- Etiquette for Success with Diane Wrobleski: 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Kellogg, room 108. Fee is $12, senior fee is $6, class code is 7842.131.
Tuesday, Nov. 18
- So You Want to Buy a Telescope: 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Mayo High School planetarium. Taught by Rochester Astronomy Club, cost is $8, class code is 8300.141.
Thursday, Nov. 20
- Introduction to Printmaking: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Thursdays through Dec. 11 at Rochester Art Center. Instructor is Naura Anderson, fee is $45 members, $55 non-members, class code is 7038.141.
Saturday, Nov. 22
- Holiday House Tour: Departs at 7:30 a.m. from Rochester Recreation Center west parking lot. 5:30 p.m. approximate return to Recreation Center. Tour requires a lot of walking and numerous steps. Fee is $65, includes transportation, admission to homes and tour guide Jan Stoven. Lunch is on your own at the church. No refunds.