A former Goodhue police officer filed a federal lawsuit alleging her employer violated her civil rights by allowing and fostering an environment where her supervisor demanded she perform sexual acts in exchange for continued employment.

The lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court on Jan. 22 by Allison Jones alleges former Goodhue Police Chief Brian Loos sexually harassed her and that he, along with the City of Goodhue and its police department, violated her civil rights.

Jones was hired as a part-time police officer with the Goodhue Police Department in January 2014. In July 2017, she was told the department "no longer had hours for her and would not be placing her on the schedule." Her termination came about a month after she reported the alleged harassment to her sergeant.

ALSO READ: At some of MN's large hospital systems, teleworkers, volunteers, construction workers have COVID vaccine advantage

The lawsuit alleges that throughout Jones' employment, Loos sexually harassed her "through uninvited and unwelcome comments regarding her appearance, persistent phone calls, extensive text messages, an unsolicited photo of male genitals, and incessant attempts to spend time with her."

Newsletter signup for email alerts

At one point, Loos attempted to "initiate one-on-one ground fighting training with her." Jones' sergeant intervened, according to the filing, and Loos "never requested that male officers participate in one-on-one training with him."

Jones told a coworker in February 2016 about inappropriate messages she had been receiving from Loos, but did not officially report it because she feared being fired in retaliation.

Two text message threads were included in the court filing -- one from Nov. 16, 2016, and the other from Jan. 3, 2017. In the messages, Loos texted Jones about her appearance, his sex life, the size of his genitals and his love for her.

In June 2017, Jones reported the sexual harassments to her sergeant, but her sergeant "did not take action or inform" city officials of the harassment.

A month later, Jones was reprimanded for responding to a fire outside of the city limits. On July 13, 2017, Jones was told that the department no longer had hours for her, but was never given a reason for her termination of employment. Her sergeant was also removed from the schedule at that time.

The city alleged Loos was not involved in the decision to terminate Jones' employment, according to the filing. Loos reportedly told Jones' sergeant a few days after her firing that she was ""still employed, but with budget constraints, we just don't have enough hours," and that he would keep her police officer's license activated.

Loos voluntarily resigned from his position in November 2017, about two weeks after the city received a Minnesota Department of Human Rights' charge.

The city, police department and Loos have not yet filed a response to the lawsuit.