Fire closes Apache Mall restaurant for a time

Post-Bulletin, Rochester MN

A small fire shut down business Saturday afternoon at the Manchu Wok in the food court at Apache Mall.

Rochester Fire Marshal Vance Swisher said crews were called to the food court at about 1:20 p.m. Saturday when a deep-fat fryer at the business caught on fire. He said an automatic fire extinguisher doused the fire before crews arrived. Firefighters then ventilated the area.

Damage was estimated at $1,000.

Fire officials were planning to return to the scene to make sure there were no code violations, Swisher said.

What To Read Next
Get Local