Fire destroys camper
From staff reports
A camper caught fire Friday while its owner tried moving it to his front yard in northeast Austin.
The camper was destroyed by the blaze, which started when the vehicle became overheated while its tires were spinning but it failed to move forward, Police Chief Paul Philipp said.
Joseph DeClue, 56, told police he was moving the camper around 12:45 p.m. to his front yard in the 700 block of 10th Street Northeast to get it ready for use.
Austin firefighters put out the blaze.