ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Firefighter burned on the job

We are part of The Trust Project.

Post-Bulletin staff

A rookie Rochester firefighter was injured Saturday after using the wrong type of fire extinguisher at a fire in southeast Rochester.

Firefighters had responded about 8:20 p.m. Saturday to a cooking fire in the 1600 block of Marion Road Southeast. A deep fat fryer typically used to fry turkeys was on a deck and started a fire that spread, according to Fire Marshall Vance Swisher.

Swisher said the firefighter, in his first year of service, suffered second-degree burns to his hands and face but didn’t require hospitalization. Firefighters carry four types of fire extinguishers, Swisher said.

What To Read Next
Caitlin and Jason Keck’s two-year term on the American Farm Bureau Federation committee begins next month.
The Minnesota Public Utilities Commission met on Jan. 5, 2023, to consider the application for Summit Carbon Solutions.
Qualified Minnesota farmers will receive dollar-for-dollar matching money to purchase farmland.