Flood relief requests due by Dec. 6

Olmsted County residents who hope to get federal flood relief money have one month to request help.

Frank Mansell, a Fedeal Emergency Management Agency public affairs officer, said Dec. 6 is the last day anyone from Olmsted County can seek grant money or low-interest loans to help offset costs from the September floods.

To apply for federal assistance, homeowners, renters or small business owners should call 1-800-621-3362. Olmsted County Emergency Operations Director Dave Carr said anyone seeking federal flood assistance must call FEMA.

What To Read Next
Fundraising is underway to move the giant ball of twine from the Highland, Wisconsin, home of creator James Frank Kotera, who died last month at age 75, 44 years after starting the big ball.