Hero/highlights 3-6 Web
• Ryan Goetzinger had 15 points as No. 3 Caledonia nipped No. 6 Lewiston-Altura 51-48 in 1AA East subsection quarterfinal play. Center Michael Burfeind had 15 points for L-A, and Travis Weaver added 14. Caledonia led 49-39 with 2:30 to play before L-A closed within one. Goetzinger later made a free throw to push the lead to three in the closing seconds, and the Cardinals could not get off a last-second shot in an effort to tie the game.
• Center James Lazarcik had 16 points and Brandon Verthein 15 as No. 2 La Crescent topped No. 7 St. Charles 56-41 in 1AA East subsection quarterfinal play.
• Cole Olstad scored 17 points as top-seeded Plainview-Elgin-Millville beat No. 8 Wabasha-Kellogg 64-47 in the 1AA East quarterfinals. Jordan Dick led W-K with 14 points.
• Cody Lodermeier had 22 points, 13 rebounds and six assists as No. 6 Zumrota-Mazeppa upset No. 3 Cannon Falls 89-76 in 1AA West quarterfinal play. Phil Putratz and Bryan Hinrichs each added 18 points for Z-M. Michael Banitt had a game-high 26 points for Cannon Falls, which had won the HVL Blue Division this season.
• Joe Conway had 24 points, six blocks, six rebounds and five assists as No. 4 Winona Cotter nipped No. 5 Chatfield 64-60 in the 1AA East quarterfinals. Conway’s 3-pointer with 2:48 left in overtime gave Cotter a 59-58 lead and the Ramblers never trailed again.
• Four players scored in double figures as Triton defeated Holy Family 77-66 in a non-conference regular-season game. Coleton Theimann had 18 points while Garett Schaefer added 17 to pace the balanced Cobras.