Heroes and highlights 9-19
• Lewiston-Altura trailed 2-0 in games and then 14-9 in the fifth game, and yet rallied to beat Chatfield in five games, winning the last game 17-15. Alyssa Franzen starred for L-A with 18 kills and 21 digs. Morgan Bushman led Chatfield with 10 kills and two blocks.
• Grand Meadow staved off LeRoy-Ostrander in five games, winning the fifth game 15-13. Jessica Benson had 25 kills and 13 digs for Grand Meadow, now 5-0 in the SEC. Toni Blood led L-O with 15 kills.
• Kate Speedling had 16 kills and was 16-for-17 serving with three aces as Wabasha-Kellogg beat Fillmore Central 3-0.
• Mariah Simonson had 12 kills and 3 ace blocks, and Abbey Roberts had 20 set assists in Zumbrota-Mazeppa’s 3-2 win over Byron.
• Junior Jade Pelzl completed her 1,000th career set assist during the Trojans’ loss to Kingsland 3-2 in conference play Thursday. Pelzl had 35 set assists in the match.
• Kenzie Lind recorded 20 kills in Rushford-Peterson’s loss to Kingsland. Jackie Holger added 14 kills for the Trojans.
• Nicole Anderson had 13 kills and Sara Coakley had 8 kills, 6 ace serves, 19 digs and 3 blocks as Cannon Falls beat La Crescent 3-1.
• Whitney Canton had 12 kills and 14 digs in Pine Island’s win over Hayfield. Alyssa Finstuen added 10 kills and 9 digs, and Megan Sigrist was tough at the net with 8 blocks.
• Molly Streightiff recorded 11 kills, 9 assists, 10 digs and three blocks for Hayfield in a losing effort to Pine Island, 3-0. Kiley Seerson added 10 kills and four blocks. Ashley Miner racked up 10 digs.
• Laura Berg scored three goals and Tori Schouweiler had four assists for Kasson-Mantorville in the KoMets’ 8-1 win over visiting Lake City.
• John Marshall got singles wins from Alex Miller, Robyn Miller and Sarah Leichty as it pushed to a 5-2 win over Faribault in a Big Nine Conference dual. In doubles, Annalee Morris and Rachel Sobczak, and Katie Krull and Lindsey Shufelt were also winners.