• Matt Pick had two home runs and scored three runs as Plainview-Elgin-Millville romped past Fillmore Central 19-7. Matthan Kohn added three hits, including a home run, and six RBIs.
• Derek Emanual was 3-for-5 with five RBIs, Josh Bambrick hit a home run and double, driving in four runs, and Winston Smith hit a double and home run, driving in three runs as Southland humbled Lewiston-Altura 25-0 in five innings.
• Brent Kraut homered and drove in four runs, Ben Colvin drove in three runs and Jake Braun hit a home run and a double as St. Charles toppled Grand Meadow/LeRoy-Ostrander/Kingsland 17-2.
• Chatfield trailed 14-7 heading into the seventh inning, then bounced back to beat Dover-Eyota 17-14. Mitchel Obey hit a walk-off three-run home run in the eighth inning for the game-winner. Obey finished 3-for-5 with four RBIs. Tyler Chase went 4-for-5 with four RBIs, and Bryan Neis went 3-for-5 a home run, five runs scored and four RBIs. Eric Dubbles and Matt Tamminga each had four hits for D-E.
• One day after her teammate pitched a no-hitter, St. Charles junior right-hander Emily Hoffman tossed a one-hitter as the Saints beat GMLOK 7-0. Erin Abbott had a no-hitter Monday against Rushford-Peterson. The Saints are off to a 4-0 start.
• Triton sophomore Rachel Tate hit what her coach called a "laser beam" home run over the center field fence in Dodge Center — about 200 feet — to help Triton to a 16-6 win over Kasson-Mantorville in six innings. It was Tate’s first varsity home run, and she also tripled and was 3-for-3 with 4 runs and 4 RBIs.
• Fillmore Central’s Katie Melver went 2-for-5 with a home run and six RBIs in the Falcons’ victory at Plainview-Elgin-Millville. Connor Nagle scored three runs and drove in three for the Falcons. Alise Holst had a home run and three runs scored for PEM.
• Zumbrota-Mazeppa pitcher Jess Hegseth had 15 strikeouts and no walks, and scattered five hits over nine innings as Z-M won 5-0 at Stewartville. The Cougars improved to 4-0.
• Lake City’s Kelsey Dieterman hit a two-run homer over the left-center fence in the sixth inning at La Crescent to help the Tigers to a 6-4 win. Dieterman had three over-the-fence homers last season.
• Ericia Hurley went 3-for-4 with a triple, and Ellen Becker pitched a four-hitter as Chatfield beat Dover-Eyota 9-2.
• Whitney Madison pitched seven innings, striking out 12 and allowing just four hits in Wabasha-Kellogg’s 4-1 win over Rushford-Peterson.
• Amrik Donkena, Peter Cerhan and the doubles team of Will Tremaine and Max Edwards all won 6-0, 6-0 as Mayo opened defense of its 2007 state title with a 7-0 win over Albert Lea.
Track & Field
• Plainview-Elgin-Millville’s Tommy Weinrich won the 100 (12.33), 200 (25.95), and was a member of the winning 4 x 100 relay team (48.55) to lead P-E-M to a home team victory. He also took third in the pole vault at 11-feet-0.