Heros, hilites 10-5
• Rochester Century recorded its first-ever dual victory over Farmington on Thursday. Ashleigh Calvert won two individual events — the 100 freestyle (:56.22) and 200 freestyle (2:01.65) — and was a member of two winning relay teams. "They’re in our section, so it was very good competition for us," Century coach Dale Magnuson said.
• Mary Wood won two events for John Marshall, but the Rockets fell to Owatonna. Wood won the 200 freestyle (2:04.22) and the 100 freestyle (:57.28).
• Kate Horihan had a match-high 27 kills in Mabel-Canton’s victory over Lanesboro.
• Jessica Benson had 13 kills as Grand Meadow held off Hope Lutheran in five games.
• Leslie Wilson had 21 kills and Kiley Severson added 14 as Hayfield toppled Lake City 3-1.
• Emily Rainey had 20 assists, 11 digs and 7 kills in Stewartville’s 3-0 win over Kenyon-Wanamingo. Julie Rainey added 19 digs, 12 kills and 4 ace blocks.
• Byron’s Jill Storlie had 14 kills, 10 digs, five ace blocks and four ace serves as the Bears swept Kasson-Mantorville. Ginna Hanks added 20 digs.
• Olivia Warren led Goodhue to a 3-0 victory over Cannon Falls with 16 kills.
• Emily Von Wald had 15 kills for Chatfield in a 3-1 victory over Rushford-Peterson. Kaylee Helgemoe led R-P with 15 kills.
• Kayla Kramer and Mackenzie Trom had two goals each as Byron beat Pine Island/Zumbrota-Mazeppa 5-1.
Girls cross country
• Lewiston-Altura/Rushford-Peterson’s Kristin Ostrem finished first in the Ole Olmstead Invitational with a time of 15:33. Dover-Eyota/St. Charles was first as a team, with Lisa Wegman (15:55) and Kelly Hurtis (16:11) landing second and third, respectively, as individuals.
Boys cross country
• Byron, led by Thomas Thornton’s third-place finish in the Ole Olmstead Invitational, landed second as a team in the event.
• Mayo blitzed Lakeville North 7-0, winning all of its matches in straight sets, as it cruised into Tuesday’s 9 a.m. Section 1AA semifinals at the Lakeville Indoor Tennis Center. Mayo is 18-2 overall. Lakeville North was a sturdy 14-3 entering Thursday’s dual.
• Century blasted Northfield 7-0 in the Section 1AA quarterfinals. The Panthers won all but two matches in straight sets. Century now plays Austin at 9 a.m. Tuesday at the Lakeville Indoor Tennis Center. Austin was an upset winner over Red Wing on Thursday, landing it in the semifinals.