1994 – 25 years ago
• Eric Peterson will call the games for the new Rochester Honkers on KWEB-AM (1270). The Honkers open tonight against the Dubuque Mud Puppies at Mayo Field. Peterson, a Rochester John Marshall graduate, will be behind the mic for all 56 Honkers games this summer.
• The Rochester John Marshall ninth-grade boys basketball team took first at the Minnesota AAU championships in Elk River. The coach is Don Borcherding.
1969 – 50 years ago
• Work is progressing on construction of a $1,091,293 addition at Stewartville High School. The new construction to the original 1956 building will house an extension to the music department, additional library space, a cafeteria, and classrooms for science, art and business courses. Administration will also move to the new quarters.
• Christine Derby of Kasson was installed as new honored queen of the International Order of Job’s Daughters, Bethel 81.
1944 – 75 years ago
• A parade will be held in Rochester for Flag Day. A police escort will head the first units. Several musical units will appear. The cadet nurses’ corps will be in the first marching group.
• The band concert season will open this week in the Mayo Park band shell. Orvis Ross will conduct the band of 32 pieces.
1919 – 100 years ago
• Currently the finest display of rare flowers and shrubs can be seen at Oakwood Cemetery. The grounds are beautiful this time of year. Andrew Holm has been the caretaker of the Rochester cemetery for the past 32 years and does a remarkable job.