1994 – 25 years ago
• Sara Fogarty, daughter of Jerry and Dorothy Fogarty of Rochester, has received a bachelor of science degree from the University of Minnesota at Minneapolis.
• The fourth annual Rochesterfest Celebrity Auction will be held at the downtown Rochesterfest stage. Items include 3,000 hit posters signed by Minnesota Twin Dave Winfield.
1969 – 50 years ago
• Tom Aaby, a member of the Rochester John Marshall Key Club, will deliver a speech in competition at the International Key Club convention in Miami. Tom will speak on the topic “Influence Through Example.”
• The Rochester School Board gave its approval to purchase an 8-acre elementary school site in the city’s SW section at a cost of $24,510. This will be for the Meadow Park elementary school, provided for under the $7.36 million bond issue passed in 1968.
1944 – 75 years ago
• Walt Disney’s very popular “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” will open for a repeat showing at the Chateau Theater this week. Also showing is “Andy Hardy’s Blonde Trouble.”
• Bronko Nagurski, former University of Minnesota grid star and lately a professional football player and wrestler, has accepted a job as backfield coach for the University of California, Los Angeles.
1919 – 100 years ago
• “Minnesota 1919,” the yearbook of the University of Minnesota, is out. The beautiful creation has a genuine leather cover and the book is artistically designed.
• The Hagenbeck & Wallace Circus made a distinct hit with Rochester and Olmsted County people. The big show was excellent in every aspect and well attended.