Hurt dog shows up at emergency room
FARMINGTON, New Mexico — The patient was only slightly injured when he limped into a hospital in the northwest New Mexico city of Farmington.
The only problem was, he was a dog.
When the automatic doors at San Juan Regional Medical Center's emergency room slid open Saturday night, the pooch walked in, blood on his nose and paw, and a puncture hole in one leg, according to The Daily Times newspaper.
Animal control officer Robin Loev responded to a call from the hospital and suspects the puncture wound was from the bite of another dog.
Loev says the German shepherd mix appeared to be intelligent and calm — and knew enough to go to the right place.
The animal was taken to the Farmington Animal Shelter and claimed by its owner.