The Fourth Street Southwest reconstruction project from First to Sixth avenues will start the next project phase Monday.
With the next phase, several travel impacts are expected:
• Fourth Avenue Southwest will be completely closed from Third Street to Fifth Street
• Third Avenue Southwest will reopen one-way northbound starting at Sixth Street.
• First Avenue Southwest from Third Street to Fourth Street will be two-way traffic with a deadend at the intersection of Fourth Street Southwest and First Avenue. Access will remain for the Third Street parking ramp and businesses.
• 1st Avenue Southwest from Fourth Street to Fifth Street will provide two-way traffic with a dead-end at the intersection of Fourth Street and First Avenue. Access to businesses will remain.
• Fourth Street Southwest from Broadway to First Avenue will not allow through traffic or access to the Third Street parking ramp or First Avenue businesses. Only local traffic will be allowed.
• Fourth Street Southwest will be completely closed to both westbound and eastbound traffic from Fourth Avenue to Fifth Avenue. Access to the church will be provided via Fourth Street on the weekends.
• Fourth Street Southwest from Fifth Avenue to Seventh Avenue will be eastbound-only traffic.
• Sixth Avenue Southwest will remain a one-way southbound traffic from Third Street to Fifth Street SW.
• Fifth Avenue Southwest will remain a one-way northbound traffic from Third Street to Fifth Street.
• The Sixth Avenue Southwest intersection will remain open.
Pedestrians and bicyclist should watch for additional travel impacts during construction.
The new phase of construction will also affect several Rochester Public Transit bus routes, commuter buses, and shuttle bus services.
City route and schedule changes are available at www.rptride.com. Riders can contact commuter and shuttle bus providers for other changes.