In total, over $500,000 in grants from St. Paul based Otto Bremer Trust have been given to area organizations.
In Rochester, the list includes:
• The Reading Center received $75,000 for general operations. The center supports youth with dyslexia.
• Exercisabilities, Inc., received almost $75,000 for general operations. The organization provides health promotion and specialized physical activities for individuals with physical and intellectual disabilities.
• Family Service Rochester, Inc., was given $30,000 to develop shared service models to increase efficiency of operations among nonprofits.
• Hiawatha Homes Foundation received $50,000 for technology upgrades and enhancements.
• Southeast Service Cooperative was given $100,000 to support the job shadowing program for high school students.
In Austin, Mower County Seniors, Inc., received a grant of $50,000 for general operations.
Also, The Center Clinic, Inc., of Dodge Center received $100,000 for a new facility to provide medical care for individuals and families that are uninsured.
The Otto Bremer Trust has a mission "to invest in people, places and opportunities in the Upper Midwest." For this grant making cycle, $10 million were given to organization in the upper Midwest that provide services and support community members.