ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

m2350 BC-MN-Salmonella 03-28 0141

Two Minnesotans sickened by frozen chicken dinners

ST. PAUL (AP) — Two Minnesotans got Salmonella poisoning from raw frozen chicken dinners.

The state health department says the victims were a teenager and a young adult who both went to the hospital but have recovered.

The Salmonella was linked to Milford Valley Farms Chicken Cordon Bleu, which has a stamped code of C8021.

Salmonella is not considered a contaminant for raw poultry, so there’s no recall. But health officials stress that it’s important to fully cook all chicken products.

ADVERTISEMENT

The health department says this is the fifth time people in Minnesota have been sickened by these types of frozen chicken products. The trouble is that people often cook the raw, frozen chicken in the microwave -- and they undercook it.

What To Read Next
Caitlin and Jason Keck’s two-year term on the American Farm Bureau Federation committee begins next month.
The Minnesota Public Utilities Commission met on Jan. 5, 2023, to consider the application for Summit Carbon Solutions.
Qualified Minnesota farmers will receive dollar-for-dollar matching money to purchase farmland.