m2908 BC-MN-Mother-DaughterDe 09-19 0251
Carbon monoxide caused death in mother-daughter homicide-suicide
EAST GRAND FORKS, Minn. (AP) — A woman and her young daughter who died in what police said appeared to be a homicide-suicide both died of carbon monoxide poisoning, according to autopsy results released Wednesday.
Jay Croy said he found the bodies of his daughter, MeriDee Croy, 35, and her daughter, Mollie, 5, in the back seat of her car Monday afternoon inside their garage, with the motor running and a vacuum cleaner piping the exhaust into the back window.
Croy said she had long battled bipolar disorder.
"She left a four-page note in the car," Jay Croy said. "It was handwritten."
He said it included memories of happy times. The CD player was on, to a quiet style of music that was one of MeriDee’s Croy’s favorites.
"She had put a down comforter and pillows there, made a little bed," Jay said. "I only hope it was a peaceful thing for Mollie."
He said he had helped his daughter and granddaughter move to East Grand Forks from Florida about six months ago after the woman had lost her job and run into financial difficulties.
Information from: Grand Forks Herald, http://www.grandforksherald.com