Marine art museum schedules events
By John Weiss
WINONA — The Minnesota Marine Art Museum will have several family-friendly events this summer:
• Bike Rodeo and Museum Rendezvous begins at 10 a.m. June 23; the rain date is June 30. The morning will begin with a bike rodeo at the new parking lot to practice bicycle skills on the obstacle course and learn some new skills. Then children can stroll through the museum’s galleries as well as play games and do other activities. The program is free, but space is limited. Call (507) 474-6626 to register.
• Toddler Tuesdays, 10:30 a.m. to noon July 14 and Aug. 11. Children under age 6 and their parents are invited to a morning of arts education. Cost is $2 for toddler, while adults are free.
• Family storytelling is a way to explore the galleries. Events are 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. The June 27 stories focus on books and artwork related to water; The July 25 stories will be about boats on the Mississippi River; and the Aug. 29 stories are about colors and how they relate to artists.
• Family-Friendly Friday Tours will begin at noon July 3 and Aug. 21. The tour is free with the price of admission. Please call to sign up.
• Canoe Crazy 3rd Family Fest is 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Aug. 15, with a rain date of Aug. 22. Celebrate the final days of the Art of the Canoe exhibit. Wenonah Canoes will supply canoes for a chance to experience a ride on the river. You can buy lunch.
For more information, go to Postbulletin.com/weblinks.