ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Monitor begins smoking after 'hot request'

Discussion came to a quick standstill during Monday's Rochester City Council meeting when a computer monitor started jetting out a plume of smoke.

The monitor, at council member Marcia Marcoux's place at the table, had the mechanical failure during a presentation by Rochester Senior Center Director Sally Gallagher.

Council member Pat Carr reached over and unplugged the monitor, stopping the smoke, but the room still filled with the smell of burning metal and plastic. Smoke alarms did not activate.

"That was one hot request," council President Dennis Hanson told Gallagher.

What To Read Next
Fundraising is underway to move the giant ball of twine from the Highland, Wisconsin, home of creator James Frank Kotera, who died last month at age 75, 44 years after starting the big ball.
Caitlin and Jason Keck’s two-year term on the American Farm Bureau Federation committee begins next month.
The Minnesota Public Utilities Commission met on Jan. 5, 2023, to consider the application for Summit Carbon Solutions.
Qualified Minnesota farmers will receive dollar-for-dollar matching money to purchase farmland.