ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Morning fire damages Ultra Lounge

From staff reports

A fire at Ultra Lounge, 320 First St. S.W., this morning caused $8,000 in damage.

There was smoke coming from roof vents and flames were visible through the front windows when firefighters arrived at 6:43 a.m. They broke a glass front door to get inside.

Lt. Dennis Olson said the fire originated in a sofa on the stage and was due to smoking materials.

What To Read Next
Fundraising is underway to move the giant ball of twine from the Highland, Wisconsin, home of creator James Frank Kotera, who died last month at age 75, 44 years after starting the big ball.